Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grace Period HiPath 3000 delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hi

I have a system that was reset to factory, and I want to run it on a 30 day grace period, however, on my PC in my license Agent, it recognize that this MAC, has been running grace period before, and therefor I cant run grace period on the system.

I once could reset the Agent grace period, but I dont remeber if it was a registration database entry that needed to be changed or if it was a Siemens script that had to be run

anyone help me with this?

I would say it was on the system, defaulting the system does not remove everything.

you could try it on a pc without the licence manager on it?

The whole point of the grace period licensing is that i can only be used once.

What licenses do you want to run and why can you not just license the system? If the grace period has expired then what other features are you hoping to show?

I just want to reset the 30 days trial licenses in the CLA/CLM

I am not interested in gaining access to licenses without buying them. But I have a test scenario, that I use for testing software and so on, with a HiPath 3800 That I just reset every 30 days.

But my License Agent, regocnizes the system, and therefor I can reinstall my CLA, og use it from another PC.

OR maybe I could reset the trial licenses in my CLA, and THAT is what I was asking in this thread. How to get rid of any 30 day trial licenses in the CLA, so it wont cause a problem when resetting the system.

I once found a file from Siemens, that described how to reset the 30 day trial in the CLA, but I cant remember what it said, Have any of you seen this document?

Goto;

System Parameters > System settings > System branding.

enter a name or a space.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

The only way (and the way shown to me by Siemens Tech Staff on a course)
is to Remove battery link on motherboard , then short the battery connections for 10 seconds and then you can default system and have another 30 day grace period.
This was to allow Siemens to use the same motherboard in training users.
Cheers Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back