Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grabbing SQL String with RDC open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KowCiller

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hello all-

Here's the situation: I have the RDC on my vb form which allows the user to create their report. After they put some fields on and change around the record selection formula, I would like to grab the SQL String that corresponds (should be generated by crystal, depending on the selection formula).

The docs are pretty clear that all I need to do is myReport.SQLQueryString to return it. The problem is, when I do this, it pops up a window titled "Show SQL Query" that shows the query in the window, you can cut/copy/paste/reset etc. (same as if a person clicked Database menu -> Show SQL Query in crystal app).

After it shows this, it doesn't even return the string. I need the SQL String to pass to another function.. Is there another way to get at the SQL string? I think it has something to do with the RDC and report open on the form...

Thanks

Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back