Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grab a caller while they are in your Voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schronuts

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
US
I have a user who came from an Avaya based phone system and he said they had a button on there phone that would grab someone out of your voicemail while they were leaving a message. So the user just missed a call and it went to voicemail and he wants to be able to get that call back. Is this possible, I haven't heard anything about this nor can I find it anywhere in the feature guides.

Avaya Communication Manager 5.2.1
S8300 with G450 - IP 1616 phones.

Thanks for your help!

Its called Call Screening, google this document number and then do a search on Call Screening. I beleive this is what he's talking about.

505-300-206

It seems to be an old feature on "Definity Audix" (which is an antique at this point), and the Partner system (also just went end of sale). I don't think this will work with a modern VM system on a CM system.

"Using The Call Screening Feature
This feature allows you to listen to a caller leaving a message in your voice mailbox. Note: The Call Screening feature is not available on all systems. See your System Manager for feature availability. For more information about using this feature, see the instructions that came with your communications system.

You must have a Call Screening button programmed on your telephone in order to use this feature. This feature must be programmed by the System Manager. You must activate this feature before or while the incoming call is ringing at your telephone. (It cannot be activated after the call has been sent to the Voice Messaging system.) You cannot be active on another call while using this feature.

To Use Call Screening
Press the preprogrammed Call Screening button to have your telephone begin screening incoming calls automatically. If you want to speak to the calling party, pick up your phone’s handset and begin speaking. The Voice Messaging system will say goodbye. Press the preprogrammed Call Screening button to turn off this feature when you no longer want to screen calls."

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back