Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPS/GPRS Tracker device With PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakkara

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
MX
First of all im sorry to duplicate Threads, im replanting the last thread y posted, with, what i think, it has a better explanation and background.

I have a GPS/GPRS device that works like this:

It gets the GPS satellite data frecuentlly, and the own device, define the Coordinates where the device is positioned fisically on the globe.

Then you can configure the device to send that coordinates through the network via GPRS on a defined interval.

This is what you can Configure:
//For example

Phone Number: 54541548747
APN: IP address: 240.125.141.12:8888
TCP/UDP: TCP
Time Interval: 5 seconds

I think that the data gatherd by the device is sent to the server on the IP address defined on the configurations with GPRS TCP every 5 seconds.

So the buttom problem is:

How can i get the data sent by the device with phone number 54541548747 on my server.

I think i have to define now, how i intent to "Catch" the data from the device.

I want to devlop a web based system using PHP, Javascript, Ajax, MySQL and HTML. I think the only way buy getting that data is on a Server side language like PHP.

I think that preparing the server side software to get the data on the packet everytime ther is and intent to communicate with it and save it to the Database.

With the coordinates in the database the development of the rest of the application i think i can manage it.

So if there is some aproach to this i will be very, very thankfull.

The Device Is GPS Tracker from china.

The web site???.....Well thats what i really want to devolope buy learning here with you. :)

Well......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot NEWS!!!!!!!!!! :p

I have being reading quite a bit and i have learned that the GPS devices are being
governed buy the NMEA protocol in the case of this device is NMEA V3 protocol,
Wich is the protocol that permit the reception or sending the sepcial data that a GPS device can hold.

Also i learned that there could be Talker and Listener devices, as far as i undertand
the Talker would be the Client, and the Listener would be the server.

So how can i make a server that catches the NMEEA information sent buy
a GPS "Client", that is sending the data through a GPRS Network?

I have found a Software that runs under windows, and it works as a
Server and it is supposed that acomplishes what i ve being trying to do so far.

I will give it a try and let you know.

Please if some one has a good aproach on this .... Help Would be usefull :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back