Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPP Printers in computer configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachaun22

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
US
I am trying to get GPP printers to work at the computer configuration level as users OU membership doesn't necessarily organize user accounts based on printer proximity. So I want to put the computer accounts in OUs in this manner.

I would rather not use the Print Management to deploy printers to GPOs because there's no way to item level target printers this way that I've found. Without ilt, I would need a large number of GPOs which would quickly become unwieldy to keep track of.

I set up the printers to deploy, but the GPO logs the error 0x80070005 "Access is denied."

I am thinking this leads back to the fact that Win 7 does not allow the addition of printer drivers for the system account (which is what I believe would be the account creating the printers at the computer configuration level).

So my questions are, am I correct that it's because the system account cannot add printer drivers that the accessed denied error indicates; and if so how might you circumvent this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back