Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO's and laptops not getting them

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyQ

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
US
We have pushed several updates out through scripts in GPOs. The scripts are applied to the computer policy, startup scripts. They vary from resetting rights using cacls, to installing updates of existing software.

The problem, is that they are not getting these updates. I have checked, and they are not on a slow link (I disabled slow link detection anyway). I have also physically gotten onto a machine and ran gpupdate. gpresult says that they are getting the correct policies, and that they ran successfully at the correct time, but I am not seeing the changes.

Below is one of the scripts that I am running. Maybe it is something in there.

Code:
@ECHO OFF
CLS

IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Kansas Assessment\KCA.44" GOTO STOPRUN

START /W "" MsiExec.exe /i "\\server01\files\KCA Fixes\KCA_4.4.msi" /passive

COPY /Y "\\server01\files\KCA Fixes\system.properties" "c:\Program Files\Kansas Assessment\Conf\"

COPY /Y "\\server01\files\KCA Fixes\KCA.44" "c:\Program Files\Kansas Assessment\"

DEL /F /Q "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\KCA Tutorials.lnk"

:STOPRUN

CACLS "c:\Program Files\Kansas Assessment" /T /E /C /G Users:W

CACLS "c:\Program Files\Java" /T /E /C /G Users:C

EXIT

I have several other issues with these laptops, including local security rights getting all jacked up for no reason. But I think that is something for another forum. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back