Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

FXH

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
FR
Hi all,

I have a user that belongs to two global groups (project_grp and normal_grp).
Those two groups are under two different OUs, which are also situated under another OU:

OU1 (GPO)
|
|----OU1a normal_grp
|
|----OU1b (GPO) project_grp

The OU1 has a logon script strategy which defined several parameters.
In the OU1b, I want to add the project parameters to the user. So I've created another logon script GPO.

When I log on as the user, and launch gpresult.exe to see which GPO is applicated, I see that it was the GPO from OU1. I've never succeeded in applying the OU1b GPO, even with inheritage block option.
Does anybody know how do that ?
Thanks

FX

I am not sure about that. However one way to get by this issue is to create a new Group and add the users there. This group would have policies from both the other groups. This gives some flexability in creating the script you want. THis is a long way around the issue. I am sure there is an easier way. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

FXH,

If you were to make OU1b a child of OU1a, then any policies applied to OU1b would override those of the parent OU, (OU1a).

At least in theory...:)

Patty [ponytails2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back