Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO (Urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdo

Programmer
Jul 21, 2002
CA
Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Pro workstation.

I need to know how to create a GPO for an OU which would disable any configuration aspect on the workstation a user of that OU loggs in.
Like control panel, Start/run, network properties, Internet Explorer Options, desktop properties, ... and porbably other stuff that I don't think of.

I have created a GPO, but I don't know where to find what's related to this in the policy. I have a few books but it only shows how to create GPO's in general...
New computers arriving tomorrow and I really need to apply this type of policy before anyone can log on them...

Would greatly appreciate some help or some kind of tutorial for doing this.

gdo

I don't have the gpo settings in front of me...but what you are wanting to do lies within the Users configuration, Admin templates, System. From there you can lock away....basicly it is hunt for what you want...and at times you can't see the "forest through the trees"....start there... Hewissa

MCSE, CCNA, CIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back