Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO permit user logon Interactively 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vannhonguoiyeu

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2008
VN
I want to edit the domain policy, so that a domain user can logon Interactively with a windows XP domain computer, but I don't know exactly, can anyone tell me where is the option in GPO to edit.

Tks.

i dont get ur question, can u explain what u mean with logon interactively with a xp computer?

if the user should be able 2 logon via rdp (2 a server), put him in the remotedesktopuser group

Lemon, when a user account use his account to logon to a XP client machine, if the user account does not added as an administrator of the XP client, so this message will appear : "The local policy does not permit you to logon interactively", how to fix this?
I have a Domain controller running Windows server 2003, and use some policy by edited Domain Group policy.

start gpedit.msc, go to computerconfig > windows settings > security > local settings > userrights > and add the user to allow local logon

"i´m german and donno the propper expressions, look around a bit"

afik this setting allows the users/groups added to it to logon the servers locally, u might wanne check the user profile first, right click the user in question, choose properties, go to the account tab, choose login and check that the setting is either to all computers or that the specific computer is set there.

Dear Lemon,
If your solution fix my problem, so that I have to fix any other pcs one by one? can you suggest another idea?

one solution is by gpo, not a big deal.

mark all user accounts u wanne change, right click one, select properties, choose account, choose "login", set it to all computers, apply, done

if u have different ou´s with user accounts u wanne change, use the dsquery | dsmod command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back