Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO of SUS settings not applied to 2000 clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaya2003

MIS
May 11, 2003
AU
Hi,

I am using windows 2000 server and installed a SUS server. Then I tried to use GPO settings to force the client downloading the patches from SUS server instead of Microsoft web site.

I added a New group policy and linked it to 1 OU for testing. I put my name into it.After that I ran secedit on the server which is logged on as administrator, the policy applied to the server. I ran secedit in my computer which is running w2kpro, it is not applied at all. I used "gpresult" to check and confirmed only "local gpo" and "default domain gpo" applied to my machine. No gpo information related to my machine. So I put my machine account into that OU, did the "secedit", checked with "gpresult", the same.

Can anybody tell me
1, should the gpo for SUS applied to the computer or user base?
2, why it is not applied to the objects under the OU where it is linked, instead it applied to the server. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Thanks in advance for all the helps.

Cheers,
Yaya

good news! It works now, I assume

1) it need time
2) it should be applied to computers instead of user

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back