Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO Login Script & Batch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have a batch file called remove.bat
From the client machine (Windows 7 64 bit)I am able to browse to the location and manually run the batch file.

However, if I try to setup a GPO logon script point to this batch file it will not deploy/work. From the same client machine that can manually run the batch file I run "gpupdate /force" and am told that there is a problem processing the script Section ("windows failed to apply the scripts settings")

I have placed the batch file in the NETLOGON as well as the SCRIPTS folder and still it will not run.

Any ideas?

Try removing the batch file from the DC completely and placing it on a file share. Not sure about batch scripts but they do say to not put software installations in the NETLOGON folder as they have permissions issues and won't run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back