Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO from child domain???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandak7

Technical User
Sep 24, 2001
US

We are running a windows 2003 dc(single forest) and a windows 2000 child domain. The child domain is located in our branch office.

If I run gpresult in a client computer in our main office,
I can see it says the group policy was appled from child domain and it shows the child domain name.

We are not running any gpo from child domain and all gpo are located in windows 2003 in main domain controller
All the users and ou are in the main domain controller. The main domain controller replicates all its active directory objects to child domain. So both the domain has same objects in active directory.Whenever we join a computer to the domain it adds to the main domain controller.

Also I tested gpresults from couple of computers from our main office but it all says the gpo was from child domain.
why does it say that? It is suppose to say the gpo is from our main dc. So where the problem is?
Any help is appreciated.
k7

Check all linked policies at domain level, then at computers container. You might have a policy from child domain linked there, which is possible.

correction: forget about computers container, you cant link anything there, so I guess, check the domain level only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back