Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO - change system time

Status
Not open for further replies.

leobis

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
IT
Hi all,

In my environmental test networking I have just created a new OU, named TrialOU; I would like that Users belonging to this OU, to be enabled to change the system time as a result I created a brand new Policy at the TrialOU level as follows;
Computer Configuration
+ Windows Settings
+ Security Settings
+ Local Policies
+ User Rights
- CHANGE THE TYME SYSTEM (adding the Users contained in the TrialOU)

Unfortunately when I logon in another computer as a user of TrialOU I always get a message stating the I have no rights to change the system time. I launched the secedit command for refreshing the policy, restarting the server but nothing changed; I have also checked whether this policy might be overrided, disabled or blocked by others policies but everything seems to be Ok;
do you know what I should do to enable users in the above OU to change the system time?

Thanks in advance
Leonardo

That setting applies to a computer and not to a user. It takes users and groups as part of the setting. The GPO needs to be applied to an OU that has the computers in it.

Also remember to set policy rollback to merge otherwise you might fins the computer policy does not take effect (that is if you have a contrary policy elsewhere for the user).

Also the GPO that is first in the Group Policy Links window is the first that is applied and will override the lower GPOs R. Henson CCNA,CCAI,MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back