Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPO change not taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfig

MIS
Feb 5, 2005
US
We were evaluating a web filter on our network. Originally I set it as a Proxy Server through my GPO. I am trying to disable it now. The problem is workstations are still using the Proxy. I have tried a GPUDATE /FORCE and workstations still use the Proxy. If I do an RSOP.MSC at the workstation you can see the change made for the Proxy but it has no affect on the workstation. I have tried different combinations with the Proxy settings(Default Domain Policy/User Config/Windows Settings/Internet Explorer Maintenance/connection/Proxy Settings) in my GPO but no change. Also, when I originally configured the GPO to use a Proxy, I disabled the LAN option on the Connections tab of IE so people could not bypass the Proxy. Now that's latched also.
I can bypass it altogether if I log on locally. My Domain Controller is running 64 Bit Windows 2003 SP2 with Active Directory. This is driving me nuts! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Seen this one before a few months ago. It is known as a sticky GPO. The solution that worked for us was to delete and recreate that particular policy. The proxy settings were left out and a second policy added specificaly to deal with that. Once it propagated across the network the second GPO was removed, Proxy settings restored on the original GPO and all is well.

PLs check your login id and computer id. Both of they are sure in ur GPO.

OK. I created another GPO and left the Proxy settings blank.
When I do an RSOP.MSC after a GPUPDATE /FORCE to check on the results and check the Precedence Tab, it shows the policy disabled. I have noticed that on some of the other workstations as well with the original GPO. Does this mean the GPO is not active?

What do you mean by check Login ID and Computer ID?

Now that I created another GPO I have a new wrinkle. I can not remote desktop the my DC anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back