Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GPF in module FOXW2600.ESL at 0001:222D

Status
Not open for further replies.

1QuickSI

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2004
US
I am attempting to upgrade the POS workstations to Windows XP. There seems to be an issue when dealing with the POS section although everything else works perfectly. The error is a GPF in module FOXW2600.ESL at 0001:222D

There is a thread about this problem located here: At the end there is a file listed and a known solution that might be the fix but I can not locate that file. Would hate to have to roll back the OS on the workstations if at all possible. Does this file exists in the structure or is there another work around? I would not have done the upgrade if I knew the POS would fail during the print routine as the system was working on everyones computers for all other functions. Never thought it would be a problem with only 1 module. Sigh...

How does the error occur?
During Printing?
If it is, change the printer's driver to a driver from the XP's printers' list.

EMC

During the POS operation it gives the GPF when you press the F2 key. I am not that familiar with SBT or FoxPro management or use, just what the end user tells me is happening. If you could "walk" me through what you mean I would appreciate it.

...Steven

What version of SBT? Dos or Windows?
Where do you get the error? At what field?
POS ( point of sale in AR ?)
Do you get an SBT error First?
EMC

Vision Point 2000 for Windows v9.0a

Again it is in the PS module. After you finish a sale the error occurs when you press the F2 key which I assume triggers the printing. No other errors and everything else works fine (as far as I know).

I am not very familiar with Vision Point, but it is a problem with your printer Driver.
Try using a Different Printer Driver, start with a generic driver.
Control Panel
Printers
Right Click to Properties.
Sharing, Drivers.

EMC

I do not think this is a printer driver issue since all other modules in SBT work perfectly including all printing functions. The PC can print from any applicaiton, any computer can print to the printer that conencts to the share as well.

This is definatly a compatability issue with SBT's POS module and 2000/XP as it is the only part of the software package that is effected.

One of our consultants beleive it is a section of code that was developed by UPause (not sure of the spelling)

Yes, it is an issue between FPW26 and XP.
FPW26 is a 16 bit system and XP does not allow direct access to the printer.

EMC

Yes, I know this as my intial post described knowing there was a problem with printing and asking if there was a known work around.

Plase Take a look at thread 640-74168 (Page 2 of this Forum)
"Windows 2000 Printing issues..."
Hope this helps.

EMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back