Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP Utils missing Create new company 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SACRob

Technical User
Apr 11, 2008
US
I am attempting to create a new company database in GP9.0 using the GP Utilities icon. I seem to only have 4 options in the drop down. Register Microsoft Dynamics Gp, Remove SOP and Invoicing message, Update modified forms and reports, and syncronize forms and reports dictionaries.

After reading the documentation i have found there should be a create a new company database in this list of options.

My DynUtils.set files includes the following lines.

Microsoft Dynamics GP
DynUtils
Windows
:C:program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/Dynamics.dic
:C:program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/DUFORM.dic
:C:program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/DURPT.dic
:C:program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/DynUtils.dic
:C:program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/DUFORM.dic
:C:program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/DURPT.dic

Any idea on how to get the create new company in the dropdown list?

When you do the initial installation of GP, the first one is a server and client install. This creates a "server" copy of the program and a part of that is the ability to create new companies. Subsequent installations are client only and the necessary "server" pieces are not created on those workstations.

If you go back to the first machine that you used to install GP, and run Utilities there, the option to create a new company should be presented.

Lyle
----
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (Adam Savage)

Thank you Lyle. I never even thought to check the sql server for a GP install.

I found it and i'm good to go!

When we do a new installation, we always start at the server and do a program install there.

The caveat is that it is not recommended that this installation on the server be used for anything other than conversions, upgrades, and the like. We always try to keep it off limits for any regular processing.

Lyle
----
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (Adam Savage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back