Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP 9.0 print to pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehojr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2005
US
I wanted to inquire on the capabilities to print to pdf form within great plains..when you print to screen the option appears but is grayed out?

The built in feature requires Adobe PDF Writer installed.

You can use 3rd party packages like CutePDF to print to PDF as though it is a printer.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

HI David

Thanks for the update on this issue. One of my clients s pushing to know why they have to use Adobe...any words other than Microsoft says?

If not, no worries.

Thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

Are you asking why the Dynamics GP 'send to PDF' functionality only works if you have Adobe Acrobat installed? Or are you asking whether that's really the case?

I am not sure I can answer the why...but I can definitely tell you that the 'send to PDF' functionality will ONLY work if you have a 'full' version of Adobe Acrobat installed because that is how GP is coded. Standard or Professional won't make a difference.

If your client doesn't want to get Acrobat, they will have to set their GP printer to whatever PDF writer they are using to be able to create a PDF from GP.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2008
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports

Hi David

One other question, which version of Adobe is required to ungray the selection...my client values the simplicity of the menu option.

Thanks Again for you assistance

Fred @ AccessTek

HI Victoria

Thanks for the reply...you answered both of my questions. acrobat standard is acceptable...and that GP was coded to work only with Adobe.

Thanks Very much

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back