Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP 8 script errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jheywood

Programmer
Feb 7, 2007
US
We are running GP 8 on a Windows 2003 Server. This environment is the development server which is designed to be a duplicate of our production environment (which works fine). We have everything seemingly running fine, but when we access certain areas of GP (the Sales Transaction Entry for example) we receive several script errors in succession before the screen comes up. As far as performance differences for this example, we find when we fill in an invoice ID, the customer information and transaction information isn't filled in as it is on the live server. When we update this environment before testing a task, we restore the main company database from a backup of production. While that updates the data, I'm not sure if anything else should also be updated to ensure proper performance from the app. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thanks!

It sounds like you may either have a different version/service pack installed on the development server or are missing a customization or additional product that is installed in the production environment. I would go over everything and compare... For versions compare Help > About GP... For additional products, compare the dynamics.set file on both systems. For customizations, that might get a little trickier since they may be in different places depending on what you have......you may have modified forms which you'd be able to see either in Customization Maintenance or Advanced Security....and hopefully there is some documentation somewhere?

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back