Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP 2010 Yearend on 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBuzz

Programmer
Nov 8, 2002
US
Ran the GP 2010 YearEnd update KB2769066 and everything worked fine, on 32 bit machines.
On the 3 64 bit machines I am getting "Dex.DIC version 11.00.0354.000 is not compatible with excecutible version 11.00.0359.000"
Any options other than the one I found posted - remove GP and install from scratch on these machines?

The 64-bit vs 32-bit isn't the problem. I'm not sure what is, but you might just try copying the .dic and .exe files from the 32 bit to the 64 bit. The error message is unhappy about build numbers, not 'bits'.

slantsix

Kind regards,

Leslie

Thanks for the reply. All systems had been updated and shouldn't have been seeing a difference in dictionaries or any other builds. The oddity was it only affected the 64 bit machines which I agree, the update shouldn't have an issue, but then prior updates should have kept them all insync. Since it was only 3 machines that were affected, I uninstalled GP on those PC's did a clean install, ran the yearend update and all worked.

Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back