Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP 10 - User unable to login (Home Page Issue?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I have a user that is unable to login. It appears to freeze (go Not Responding) while loading the Home Page.

I have disabled the home page for that user via SQL:
Code:
UPDATE SY08000 SET DISPHP = 0 WHERE USERID = 'userid'
After that it STILL does the same thing.

I thought it possible that it was a Task that was causing the issue - SY01403 - so I checked that users userid and there was one task in there. I copied out the information, and then deleted it. The problem persists.

This is NOT localized to any one PC - just to the user.

Any ideas?

On v10, you cannot disable the home page, that setting is ignored.

I would disable the outlook integration as that is known to cause delays if outlook is not set up or has difficulties accessing the server.

See Q13 of the following Knowledge Base (KB) Article:

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Okay - that explains why that didn't work.

I disabled the Outlook integration (as per the link) - and it still happened.

I've turned on SQL logging and it seems to be query the customer tables, inventory tables, and sop tables quite a bit (going back and forth between them).

I killed the log file when choosing the company, and it is already close to 9MB in size (before populating the toolbars or the homepage) - he must have added some task of some sort to really give this a hard time.

Obviously it is doing something - I'm going to let it sit for a while and see if it finally comes out of it at some point (he said he let it run for 30 min - I may have to wait an hour or two).

Ok, waiting long enough - the reminders window popped open. I have a feeling that THIS is where it is happening rather than the Home Page.

(Oh and FYI - the Log file is close to 60MB now).

Ok, I killed everything in SY01404 with USERNAME equal to this username, and he can log in now. No homepage to speak of (reminders and tasks all gone) - but his shortcuts survived.

We can always recreate the reminders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back