Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP 10 - Ship Complete going to Back Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I have a strange situation, that I can't see how it could have happened except users forcing things and causing errors.

As a test in the test company I entered an order for two items. One that was in stock and one that was back ordered. I put the order on ship complete (using the GP checkbox), and tried transferring it to Back Order. I got the error "Order ORDST2280 Partial quantity transfer is not allowed for documents marked ship complete." This is as I expected it.

I've got a user complaining that this doesn't work. He shows me a Back Order document that has the ship complete checked. My initial assumption - someone marked that on the back order. I checked the order it came from (which is now posted), it also has ship complete marked.

Can anyone explain any circumstances that might allow a document marked ship complete to successfully transfer to Back Order and show both the original order and the back order as ship complete? Or is this pure user fault, and if so how could I replicate this?

It is my understanding that as soon as it's been transferred (when all items are back ordered) the order would be posted - not giving a user the chance to go back in and mark it ship complete.

Thanks.

Ok, I think I answered part of my own question.

"Partial quantity" is not allowed, but "Full quantity" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back