Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GP 10 - Order stuck open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
Generally I see this when someone deleted an item off the order after the rest of the order invoiced (partial invoicing allowed), and I run Reconcile-Remove Sales Documents to clear the order.

I've got a weird situation here where that isn't working.

Code:
0000xxxxxx (2 items)
  B0000xxxxxx
    0000xxxxxx
      I0000xxxxxx (1 item)
      B0000xxxxxx (the other item)
        0000xxxxxx <- this is open and shouldn't be
          B0000xxxxxx
            0000xxxxxx <- this is open and fine

Here you can see the path the order took. The first order has the full quantity in the Quantity Previously BackOrdered field (QTYPRBAC). I run reconcile-remove on it, it doesn't give me any message that anything is wrong - but it doesn't move it to history either.

I'm not seeing what is keeping it open. I could "post" it manually via scripts, but I really don't like doing that as I could be missing something. What can I do to clear this order and have it moved to history.

I've found the cause. Someone had forgotten to use the transfer totals and deposits option when creating the backorder. I manually removed the payment from the order that shouldn't be open and applied it to the latest order and everything went fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back