Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gotomypc issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTSMAN

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
US
I have one pc that when it logs into gotomypc and clicks on connect it closes all the way out of Internet Explorer. Other computers in the office work just fine. It is just this one, it logs in, sees the different pcs to connect to, selects the connect button next to one of them and poof, I am back to the desktop. Any ideas?

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

This computer works through firefox but not through IE6. But the other computers on the network, work through IE6 and IE7 without issue. Something must be corrupted with IE and I will keep plugging until some better advice hits.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

Reset IE6 back to the defaults as though its just been installed and test again. Also make sure you have all the updates applied via windows updates and if still a problem try installing IE7. You could also check event viewer to see if there are any entries for Internet Explorer that could be causing an issue. Also check or disable temporary only but a firewall, virus checker, any pop up blockers, and any anti-spyware software. All or some of these might be causing the problem and disabling one at a time will elimate any such problem.

Installed IE7 a couple of hours ago and that fixed it. IE6 appeared to be corrupted, so just upgraded.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

IE7 worked once yesterday, did not work today when I came in.
Did the reset to defaults and now it is working. Must have been some addon getting in the way. Probably could have done that with IE6 as well. I keep running into issues with IE7 interfering with 3rd party programs that are not compatible.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back