Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GoToMeeting & GoToMyPC - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretchwickster

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
GB
Hi,

I'm new to the remote access scene. My company wishes to run online sales demonstrations of a software product to customers. One such product that would meet this request is GoToMeeting. GoToMeeting allows any guests invited to the online meeting to view your screen. There is also an option to control the mouse/keyboard of invitees (only with their authorisation) so one of my colleagues suggested using GoToMeeting as a means of remotely troubleshooting any problems customers have with a certain software product.

Another item on the wishlist is to have a PC running a software product and allow customers to use it from a remote location. At the end of their session they would need to save their work and transfer from the remote PC to their own. Someone suggested that GoToMyPC might be able to accomplish this.

This leads me on to my questions:
1) What security issues would arise if these two products were used to achieve the above?
2) If GoToMeeting and GoToMyPC are not an advisable route then what would be a good alternative?

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Clive [infinity]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
Paul Ehrlich
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

I've never used GoToMeeting. I do use GotoMyPC. It works quite well and I suspect would meet your needs if only one pc needs to talk to your one pc.

I know several software companies use it to connect to remote users to troubleshoot. But I don't have any idea on the cost. But I will say it works well.

Hope this helps.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back