Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

goto specific frame within next swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashoid

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
I am trying to go to a specific frame within a new swf when the user clicks a Next button.

Without using movieclips I would like the user to be on page 1 and once they click the Next button it will send the playhead to load a new swf (page 2) in level 0 on a particular frame, (frame 2 of page 2 swf).

What I need to do because of bookmarking requirements is have this happen:

If you are on page 1 and you click the Next button it will load page 2.html and the playhead will go to frame 2 of page 2.swf that is embedded in page 2.html. I know there are ways of doing this using movieclips within the same html page but i need a new html page to load because of bookmarking. I don't know of a way to make the playhead move to a particular frame in a new swf embedded in a new html page.

I've seen other posts around the web asking the exact same question but I have not been able to find any answer and I have exhausted my own flash knowledge trying to find a workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back