Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

goto next scene auto advance - from inside a movieclip 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sle2002

Technical User
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have a movieclip that plays and at the end of the MC I would like the playhead to autmoatically advance to the next scene - I have tried various methods with no success - any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not using a button for this - it would just automatically advance when it comes to this frame.

Have already tried these with no success:

_level0.gotoAndPlay("scene");

_root.gotoAndPlay("scene", 1);

_root.nextScene();

gotoAndPlay("scene");

You should never target a scene name in your Flash life again!
Only target a labeled frame.

Thus, to target the first frame (or for that matter, any frame in any scene...), label that targeted frame with an unique frame label such as my_target1 (no number only labels, or at least not starting off with a number, no caps, no spaces, and no special characters other than the underscore...), add _root or _level0 to target the main timeline, and only target the labeled frame on your script...

_level0.gotoAndPlay("my_target1");

Regards. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

VISIT MY FORUM
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

That worked! You explained it in a way that made sense out of all the stuff I googled about this topic -- thanks again!

When my movie playhead goes from one scene to the next it still has the movieclips open from that previous scene - I'm trying to get all MCs to disappear. I've tried various methods such as the one below with no success - does anyone have any ideas?

_root.mc.button01.removeMovieClip();

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back