Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goto Form on opening access database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IANGRAND

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
GB
Ive created a central form from where i want my database user to start. Howdo i set access, so that on opening the database the opening form automatically appears.

Cheers

Ian

Iangrand -- did you try this? Does it work for only the database you have open or did it change Access the program so it always opens that form?
I am trying to do basically the same thing you were and hope you can help.
Thanks
Kimberly

You can create a Macro named "autoexec" that contains the operation "OpenForm" and the name of your form. For example, if you want the DB to open a form called "Menu" when you start, go to "Macros" and select "new". Under "action", select "OpenForm". Under "Form Name", select "Menu (or whatever your form's name is). Then save the Macro as "autoexec". The Autoexec Macro will run every time you open the database.

pclark --
That was exactly what I needed. Thanks so much for your help (and detailed directions)
Kimberly

I'm just glad I could help someone. In the last 12 hours, I've picked up several absolutely wonderful tips from browsing these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back