Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goto Cover button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2007
US
I have 2 reception phones that have the 'goto cover' button and they can be used to transfer calls directly to users' VM. These 2 phones are 8434Ds.

Problem is that on any of the other phones in the office 2410, 2420, 6408D+, 6424D+, I can't get the button to work. When I have a call on the line and I press 'goto cover' nothing happens.

I don't think it's COS/COR as they are using the same ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean

You must put in a coverpath number at the phone.
Change station xxx ann fill in the coverpath.

You can do a list cover-path to see witch are already defined and can do a ad cover-path xxx to ad a new one.

Greets Peter

I think that because the attendant is auto start by default is why you dont need press transfer first. On the stations you will need to press Transfer then Extension Then goto cover then transfer again.

Hope this makes sense
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

@big70, all these phones have cov paths

@Ed, I tried your suggection and you are correct sir, I was doing it wrong, I had to get the girls at reception to teach me how use the feature, very embarrassing.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back