Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Got M7410 working, wanted to add... after scanning forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Bienhaus

Systems Engineer
May 3, 2020
CA
thread799-1113875

Hi all,
Registered just to say thanks for the old data posted on here, and to add something useful to it, if I can.

M7410CT here, that had been sitting on my front hall table, being useless for about 5 years.
Got it donated, so while the base phone set was a steady source for paging and the call display log, that was about it. (spare parts, buttons, etc)
Leave it to Covid to give me the free time to really dig into it... ;-)

So - what I learned on here that I didn't have before, was the Feature ***m7410 code. (Feature ***67410)
That has really FEW/NO options on my phone, but allows you to cycle through versioning information for the base, the handset, etc.
I had the whole same "scanning forever" issue, no sync up.

What the FCode showed me, was a "?" when it came to the base station, which I thought was odd.
And what I realized... was... the phoneset itself is NOT the base station, but it has a separate module installed in the phone, that is the wireless base unit, linked to the phone set. (if you get my meaning)

That poitned me to a BAD AC/DC adapter, that while it reads fine on the digital volt meter, yeilds only a "?" on the status code run through from above.
After trying two other adapters from the "spare parts bin", one of those multi-voltage adapters very quickly brought up a version code for the BASE: entry, and now low and behold, the phone connects, and I get a dialtone!
(manual posted here, says it should be a 7.5 DCV, 600ma minimumm, centre pin positive)

I am now waiting for the battery to fully charge to play with other settings, but, wanted to say thanks for that code, and, if you don't get a version entry right away when you check your BASE reading through F-***67410 - try a different adapter. The base wireless module is powered by the external AC/DC adapter, and is separate from the phone's power from the Meridian system. :)

Thanks for being here!
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back