Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

got an interview to be a certified trainer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftertaf

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2004
EU
Any one got any last minute help?????
I'm leaving for the 2nd interview in 2 hours (i know i cut it short...)

I had a 1st interview, went well but said they were unsure i had enough handson experience to be a trainer. Now they called me back and want me to pass a classromm simulation (around 20 mins) as a 'teacher', having the guys who taught me MCP stuff as 'pupils'.
help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aftertaf
We shall prevail, and they shall not

Breath Deeply
Stay Calm

&

Smile :)

Good Luck

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

thx rc :)
:)

Aftertaf

Good luck aftertaf (if I'm not too late). Let us know how it goes.

John

Since you are probably busy "teaching" now, when you get back let us know how it goes.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

hehe...
it went sort of pretty well.

we are 3 candidates in all.

If someone has experience as a trainer then they'll get it cos i did some beginner's mistakes.
but on the good side, they do know me and i am fluent english/french, which obviously helps in IT.

I did ok. now a week to wait and see......

Aftertaf

Afteraf, are you Canadian or French?

The thing to remember as a teacher of anything is that if you don't know the answer don't pretend you do.

Always keep your eyes on the whole class, never single out one person and always keep them interested.

Make sure you do your classroom prep and always try to have a quiz at the beginning of the class to go over the previous lessons.

One rule of teaching that I was taught in the Army is EDIP

E=Explanation
D=Demonstraion
I=Imitation
and
P=Practice.

How would your classes be run? Would you be using VMWare sessions or rebuilding servers physically all of the time?

I would also look into the area of body language, learn when people are bored and learn how to stop them being bored.

There are tricks and tips to keeping peoples attention. I know of an instructor (not IT related) who once brought an egg into the class room and placed it on the lecturn next to a glass of water, through out the whole lesson the class were not bored because they didn't know what the egg was for, at the end of the class room he cracked the egg and ate it.

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Simon

Aftertaf's profile shows him as an Englishman working in France, so the answer to your question is neither.

John

John, my bad, I didn't even thing to read his profile :eek:

SimonD.

SimonDavies:
Thank you for your helpful post. Unfortunately, not all teachers follow your excellent techniques. I'll bet you have lots of success, and I also imagine I would enjoy anything you taught.

Doxie, I am not an instructor now. I left the forces nearly 10 years ago but it's something that has stayed with me.

One thing a good instructor can do is teach about anything and I mean anything. If given enough time an instructor\teacher can teach you the ins and outs of brain surgery, now that doesn't mean he can actually do the job himself but it does mean he can teach it.

All you really need to be a good instructor is confidence, confidence in yourself, your subject matter and in the method that you teach. Being confident will always help your students because they will feel better knowing you know your stuff.

SimonD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back