Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google Voice in Conjunction with Avaya CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweege

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
anyone doing anything along this line? we have recently went to g-suite for a whole host of applications(mail, docs, sheets, drive, etc). at this same time we are looking at a voice solution for remote workers. the solution presented by avaya and our bp seems fairly bulky and complicated. we are wondering if google voice could play well in this situation. seems it would remove a lot of the security concerns, as it is a cloud-based product. however, would still be good for users to be tied to the cm in some manner, in order to have access to its features.....voicemail, call recording, internal extension dialing, etc. thoughts, ideas, rude remarks?

A brief Google search took me here... A lot of arguing back and forth, but at the core of it, it's likely not possible and in violation of their terms of service.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

I don't know of any direction integrations between the two services. The best I could imagine is you having a direct trunk to them and vice versa, but that seems like it would be a waste. If you want these users to feel like they are on Avaya, you probably should go with the Avaya solution. The current solution for outside users (assuming no further connectivity than the internet) is Avaya Remote Worker over an ASBCE. This is a SIP phone on the outside registered to your ASBCE. This ASBCE then does B2BUA magic and lets your outside users feel as though they are using a phone direct connected on the in side. This is a solution that can be secured and stable if implemented properly.

The solution prior to this is VPN phones (built in to the 96xx firmware). I would not install this as a new solution in most cases, but it does work well when it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back