Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google Search privacy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks smah. Yes, as the article suggest, Bing is better in terms of privacy, but when it comes to accuracy and quantity (quality?) of results does Google still reign supreme>

Second link seems like a very interesting read (if one has time). I do like the idea of a "GoogCookie Search & Destroy" as a Firefox add-on, as someone on there suggested.

manhunter2826 said:
Yes, as the article suggest, Bing is better in terms of privacy, but when it comes to accuracy and quantity (quality?) of results does Google still reign supreme.
BING == But It's Not Google

i'm finding it really depends more and more on what you search for.

The amount of comparision sites e.g Kelko, Ciao are making it harder and harder to find what you want these days. Bing seems less prone to these (at the moment)
Vuideo search is much better on Bing, but picture search Google is much better.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Yes, I quite like Yahoo for picture and video search too. Often gives me alternatives (but same definitions) to what G provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back