Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

google results list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompom

Technical User
Dec 4, 2006
GB
Hi - when i do a google search for the BBC the results show the main page and then other 'sub' pages listed underneath - does anyone know how to get google to do this?
thanks MG

Code:
BBC - homepage - Home of the BBC on the Internet bbc.co.uk offers a varied range of sites including news, sport, community, education, children's, and lifestyle sites, with TV programme support, ...
[URL unfurl="true"]www.bbc.co.uk/[/URL] - 44k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

BBC NEWS | News Front Page - news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/default.stm
BBC SPORT | Football - news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm
BBC SPORT - news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/default.stm
Radio - The home of BBC Radio ... - [URL unfurl="true"]www.bbc.co.uk/radio/d/[/URL]
More results from [URL unfurl="true"]www.bbc.co.uk[/URL] »

[apologees if this post is inappropriate for this forum]

Forum828 may be more appropriate.

But to answer your question - it's entirely up to Google. You have no influence over it.

They do this to sites that are very high traffic or highly authoratitive on their subject. Generally I think it's down to having inner pages with a very high page rank.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

thanks...again - the page rank rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back