Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google Redirects and Spyware Scanner Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle11232

Technical User
May 13, 2008
US
Hello All.

I started my computer this morning and my spyware program, SUPERAntiSpyware popped up a notification that it had to close and asked me if I wanted to send an error report to Microsoft - that was my first clue that something was up. I searched on Google and my browser tries to redirect me to ad sites but never loads the ad site page (Mozilla). I downloaded HijackThis, CWShredder, and Spybot SD after reading some of the other posts. CWShredder ran but found nothing, I was able to load, but not run Spybot and HijackThis won't install. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

Download and run MalwareBytes

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

I was able to load, but not run Spybot and HijackThis won't install.
If you're unable to run/install downloaded applications and your AV won't run either, then this is serious. Hopefully, you'll be able to install and run Malwarebytes which will clean up the system.

Make sure your data and other important files are backed-up now.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

At this point it looks like you have to go to bootable CDs like Bart PE, Helix, or Dr. Web LiveCD or a combination.

Look at thread760-1531088 for the links.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back