Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google PROTOCOL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORPG

MIS
Jul 17, 2014
US
Ok folks, my UCx50 cannot be accessed thru my laptop since Google revised their protocol.
Does the UCx have a fix please?

I gather you mean you cannot access the GUI via the Chrome browser?

See if there is a software update at EmetroTel for your system.

Chrome and other top browsers dropped support for protocols TLS1 and TLS1.1. with no way to re-enable in it's settings.

A temp fix is download Waterfox browser, when you install it there will be a prompt to enable them.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

@curlycord

Firefox will allow you to enable deprecated forms on TLS.

Open a window, navigate to "About:config", search TLS, switch "security.tls.version.enable-deprecated" to a value of True. Had to enable this in order to access the GUI on Panasonic NS700's.

That being said, UCx is an actively updated platform, as opposed to the recently-defunct Panasonic, so it should have up to date security protocols.

What software release do you have on your UCx50?

"with no way to re-enable in it's settings."
Thanks for verification on Firefox Tele-tech, while they did drop support as said they do allow it.
I quit using Firefox a year ago so I was unable to verify that one but I should have known since Waterfox uses the Firefox engine.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I can't get into the GUI to look at the release version. I must be one prior to 2017 when I took over.
Waterfox flag says it may harm my computer.

ORPG said:
Waterfox flag says it may harm my computer.

Just ignore that warning. Click on Advanced, and go to Proceed. It's because the security certificate that the PBX issues is outdated.

Hey guys Waterfox works!!!

Version 2017.04.05

Yup the GUI works on warwefox.Thanks again.

There should be no need to use a special browser - if you use Windows, you could simply use the Internet Explorer. It is still installed / available even in Windows 10. Just type "Internet Explorer" in your search bar....

Status
Not open for further replies.