Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google prevents me from accessing my profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmerlinn

Programmer
May 20, 2005
US
partner.googleadservice.com has been freezing my computer for years and I have been UNABLE to find a way to prevent it. I even started a thread ( for help, but nothing has changed since then.

Now I need to change some things in my profile on Tek-Tips, but CANNOT access any part of Tek-Tips except these forums. I cannot search, I cannot view my profile, I cannot view ANY of my stuff, and I cannot even go to the HOME page in hopes of finding a support link. Even though this IS a support issue and it does not belong in this thread, I have no other choice since I cannot find a support link.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME AT ALL? I need to change my profile, but [partner.googleadservices.com won't even let me go to my profile! Like why in hell should this be the case since, as far as I know, Tek-Tips is NOT part of the Google Garbage on the internet?

mmerlinn

Poor people do not hire employees. If you soak the rich, whom are you going to work for?

"We've found by experience that people who are careless and sloppy writers are usually also careless and sloppy at thinking and coding. Answering questions for careless and sloppy thinkers is not rewarding." - Eric Raymond

The site is undergoing some changes, and some parts are inaccessible right now (like viewing your previous threads), but all the other things you mention are working fine for me (viewing the tek-tips home page, editing my profile, search function, etc).

What browser are you using, and can you try another browser? And did you try AdBlock Plus as suggested in the other thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back