Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google maps on Access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL01

Technical User
Jun 9, 2008
US
Is it possible to set up a form which pulls up a saved google map in Access 2003 each time the address field is called up?

Thank you for the reply. That is indeed what I am looking for (I think). However, I still use Access 2003 (works for me)...this control would require upgrade to Access 2010?...do you recommend this? I'ld rather not...is the learning curve very steep?

You do understand Access 2003 is over 13 years old ;-). Personally I use most of the Access functionality that was available in 2.0.

You might want to upgrade. I don't recall what the major differences were, probably going from the old menues to the beloved ribbon.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thank you again for the reply...yes 13 years and still a solid work horse. I run my small business on it and could not have the business at all without it. Mainly I think it's this internet web portal plug-in functionality that is missing from 2003...which I would very much like to access for my business...but that's speculative...what I've got now works solidly for us and I would hate to mess it up with new software I didn't understand well enough (I wrote our database and I maintain it nobody else...I'm sure you hard core trained database programmers would laugh if you saw it, but works for me)...That said I might set up 2010 or 2016 separately and explore the web portal aspect, and later switch the 2003 over after I'm comfortable with your "ribbon" (whatever that is) and the rest of it - just the color interface has me confused...very happy with black and white forms. Regards,

PL01,
I'm with you regarding past functionality. I think a high percentage of Access developers learned it on-the-job. I have a parks and recreation admin degree but have been fooling customers/clients for over 25 years.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back