Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

google map api v3 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

javascript123456

Technical User
Feb 18, 2011
HK
i want to add a not-filled circle at the center of the map and fix it there even user drag and move the map.
I tried to add a absolute position div that contain the circle image on the map
but obviously it cant do any interaction with the map when clicingk or dragging inside area of the circle because it is just a div but not a part or overlay of the map.

then i tried to add a custom overlay on the map, and set the div appended in panes with fixed left and top value, but it seems not work

.... so guys, any suggestion?

try the google map forum. you will get a better response from a forum dedicated to the api.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

As I recall, the getCentre() function returns current LatLong of the displayed map centre. You should then be able to use the createMarker function and the addOverlay function to position your marker.
The official API reference is at for more detail.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back