Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google Language Tools & Flash Menu bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffshndl

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
US
When I initiate the GLangTools from a hyperlink on my site, it works great. As long as I stick to traditional links on the page the translating carries from page to page (Perfect!) But..... once I click any link in my Flash-menu bar it doesn't translate yet still shows the GLangTool frame at the top of the page. Granted... this is more a GlangTool problem but it's initiated and controlled using html so... HELP!!

DefJeff

I think you'll have to take that up with whatever department in Google handles Google Language Tools.

Unfortunately Google doesn't offer any support outside what's available on their support pages and trust me, it's not there. There must be somebody out there who has flash menus/hyperlinks who is or has tried implementing Language tools. Even if there is an alternate way, I'm open to suggestions and need to have these in place by Wednesday.

Thank You,

Maybe if you URLencode your link strings? Tried that?

URLencoding replaces non-char caracters with "escape sequences". For instanse a space is encoded to the sequesce %20 which is a hexadecimal reference to the ASCII table.

That may be the way to fix your problem. What language (programmeing) do you use? Javascript? ActionScript or ... ?

The trouble has got to be in the actionscript. However... I ended up just creating a mirror site, removed the fancy flash menu and put a make-shift one in it's place. I'm sure if they can't read english, they'll appreciate the effort even if it isn't quite as pretty.

Thanks for your input though... I did notice I'm not the only one with this problem but no other solutions.

... well, in that case, I just Googled actionscript and urlencode and the methos you need is escape();

Really? Ok.. I'll try that this weekend and get back to ya.

Thanks again!

BTW - sorry about my typing ... I dno't tpye taht well wehn I'm too teired ... and possibly had a drink or three too many already :)

Anyway -let's know how it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back