Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google -- International Women's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBones

Programmer
Aug 8, 2002
US
Today's Google Doodle is commemorating International Women's Day. The Doodle is a collection of women's faces.

Does anyone else find it a little disturbing that there's a button just below it that says, "I'm Feeling Lucky!"

[bigsmile]

What time zone are you in? I get the normal google at -7GMT

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks cmeagan656, fellow Canuck here and I only tried google.ca, Doh!

I tried google.ca then google.com first too. I figure that the next best one would be the UK. I'm not sure why Google don't have that doodle on all their sites because today is International Women's Day.

Sam, did google.com have the doodle earlier? Or are you from the UK?

No, as a woman it doesn't bother me. At least (in the UK) they recognized the day. Why should Google have to change the rest of the page for one day?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

I've always thought the song "Shaking the Tree" by Peter Gabriel was written for this day.

Looks like I'm not alone in that.

My google.com have a doodle for today's "Mjezdunarodnyj Zenski Dzien" :)
(Central USA)

Have fun.

---- Andy

For those of you who missed some of the Google's 'doodles', here are some...

Have fun.

---- Andy

Thanks for the link Andrzejek. I must say I miss Google's old Christmas doodles, where they used to start on December 21st and build the doodle over 5 days.

My favourites now the interactive doodles, particularly the games and sports. some of them can be highly addictive.

Hope this helps.

Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

No, I'm in the US of A. The Google Doodles start fairly late the night before (when I'm most active). It seemed to be up all day.

A nice little Douglas Adams 61st Birthday tribute it up right now. It's an animated one. I don't like those because I can't (easily) save a copy. I have collected a copy of every Google Doodle I've personally seen in the wild.

I'm on the west (wet) coast of Canada. My Google doodles start at 9:00 PM PDT so I'm guessing that they base the start time on EDT. Yes, I can see, and play, wiht the Douglas Adams one today on and however it is not visible, for me anyway, on Odd... At least now I know where I can go to get them.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back