Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goodbye for now 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madawc

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
GB
On 6th September 2013, I retire from my regular job. Not necessarily from IT Work: I intend to see how things go with my various pensions. I might later go looking for contract work, but if so, I'll let you know. Definitely not interested at the moment.

My working career has mostly been interesting, and I have seen IT change out of all recognition. I started out in the early 1970s writing COBOL on coding sheets, using either punch cards or punched tape. And saw the family of "IBM Compatible PCs" evolve into a general standard. I can remember times when no one I knew had heard of Microsoft. And saw the rise of the Internet from 1997, when I first hooked up to it.

It's possible you won't be hearing from me again. So I've left this message in case anyone wondered where I had gone.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Good luck to you. I am not far behind! (10 months)

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thank you for all of your wonderful posts and responses in these forums. Your suggestions have helped me numerous times.

Good luck and enjoy your retirement!

Enjoy your time off from work, and thank you for your posts.
Very nice of you to let us know that you're leaving; people would have definetely noticed your absence.
Good luck and all the best,

Dana

Enjoy your retirement!

Your knowledge has been invaluable to me. Thank you and enjoy retirement!

Di

Good luck and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back