Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good way to have high speed connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

starvin

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
US
I am moving to another area that doesn't have the same cable company as we do here so I am loosing my account. I don't want to go through this again so is there a way though dsl, cable, satellite, or other to have the same high speed connection and take it with you elsewhere if need be. Also is there a good domain name registar and web host that is inexpensive that I can get so I will not have to change my web space address or my emai address.

You could look at any nationwide provider for an account you move around wherever you move, but beware of areas without the service type you have such as I do not have dsl available here. The other possible way is to use satelite but I don't know how their two-way works out right now though my DirectTV television works well and they have an internet package available at
As for domain registry, I use gandi.net that I moved over from network solutions because of their naming rights policy (they own you domain name). The bonus of having it clear that you are the domain name owner is they are about $10/year for the registration.

I have web space that is available at $200, one time charge, and $35/year for 200MB and unlimited number of email accounts. Go to my website for the link at the bottom of the page at I have been using it for about 2.5 years now and has worked out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back