Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

good video editing software and reviews on hardware? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsfreak

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
US
Ok, I have done video editing in the past. I used to do it for a church but things have moved on and another person now does it. The software I like most is adobe premiere, however I changed my mind on using it due to the price. Im not paying 800 dollars for video editing software if possible.

Im wanting to know what site/sites have good reviews on the best software for like best price. Also ones with reviews on hardware like camcorders and things of that nature.

Another thing, what are some good effect software for like backgrounds used with chromakey? Any information you can give me concerning this or other suggestions will be very much appreciated.

What I am planning on doing for now is making computer tutorial videos for fun. That and probably goofing off with it.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

I am using Pinnacle Studio. This suite sells for about $150. Some people love it, some others hate it. Mostly because of bugs that seem to happen depending on what peripherals are in the PC. They have just made a new release, 11, where the critics are saying that "gee the bugs have gone away...". They do have support for chromakey effects.

I still use an older revision. (I still use Win2k and the latest revs require XP) Last month, I've used it with a MiniDV camcorder connected to a firewire port, and the video capture worked seamlessly the first time.

Sony sells an editing suite called Vegas. Adobe also has the Premiere Elements suite, which is cheaper than the full one.

I am using Premiere 6.0, and recently experienced a mind boggling problem for the first time. After creating a project, which renders and plays perfectly, I then need to export it as a "movie". However, each time (I have tried it about 25 times now, in different ways)at a given point a frame freezes and remains that way to the end. This, also in spite of the fact that the adjoining sound track plays normally. What I know is that it is not due to creating a frame hold or anything similar.

I anyone can help, or knows anything about this problem, I would appreciate a solution.

Ben

How old is your copy? What os are you using? What os does it say it is for? Reason I ask this is because the version I used to use originally was on an xp machine but was made for 2000. I would spend a week making files, and sometimes they mysteriously would vanish off the drive. Put it on 2000 and all the problems stopped. Of course this was like 5-6 years ago lol.

Also thanks felix for your information. I did a lot of research and at the moment have made my decision on what im going to use.

I am going to get this pinnacle set, although I will not be using the software with it.

I am also going to be using this software. Cyberlink powerdirector

As for camcorders, my mind I cant seem to make up on that yet lol. It will be a little while till I get this stuff anyway as im in college right now. So my only money is leftover from grants/loans.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back