Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good sites that sell computers at a decent price

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiChi56

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
US
Does anyone have any good sites that I can look at that sells computers at a resonable price? I know about I bought my last computer at But now they are just doing mass selling. Thank you.

The secret in education lies in respecting the student. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}.

That's a wide open question. Reasonable to whom? Dell, Gateway and HP/Compaq all make reasonably priced computers. If my grandmother was looking for a computer i'd send her there.

You would be probably better going to a local dealer! Reason, if anything goes wrong they are nearby and can get it fixed quickly, plus you miss all those big stores and their after care policies which nearly cost as half as much as the computer. By going local you can give them the specs you want and see if they have the hardware, it's just a mattter of them chasing them up, plus you have a local guy to talk to, not some schmuck on the end of the phone hundreds of miles away.

And lastly, don't buy on the net, there is not the same consumer rights as buying through a store that was on the news here in the UK!

want to build your own out of parts/off of a barebones setup? just want a internet browser/gaming pc? search for refurbished, click systems, and pick dimension desktops, then sort by price.. you can usually pick up a p4 2.2+ for as little as 250$ sometimes with free shipping

Thank you guys. I have been to these sites. Just seeing if there was anything else out there.

he a good value DELL ANY DELL computer rocks for the fact of the matter when purchasing a comp is upgrade in the future people like to upgrade dell pcs are fully upgrade able i own a computer repair center in boise idaho and the most common comp coming through my shop is: Compaq, Gateway, Hp, and ABS So go with dell in my 3 years in the reapir buisness i have seen 1 dell come my way and that was for a install of a new sound card

Thank you everyone. I will check these sites and make a decision. I will probably at least wait for another month. Hopefully prices will drop some more.

How about telling where you are and what you are interested in. Someone will probably steer you somewhere close.
Most large cities have used equipment businesses that have reasonable priced used or off lease stuff.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back