Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good reference book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrandHooHa

Technical User
Feb 17, 2002
US
Sorry if this has been answered in another thread, but a keyword search didn't turn up much.

I am going to be designing a small domain (~25 computers, 2 servers) and plan on using Active Directory. What is the best reference book I can buy for this? I have some experience with usage of an AD system after it is set up, but no experience actually setting it up. I'm looking for a book that goes over some stuff step-by-step, but also a book that you can just look up a specific problem when Tek-Tips is unavailable. Any book (or combination of books, really) that fit this description? I plan on using Windows 2003 Server, but Win2k books would probably be fairly applicable too, so throw them in if necessary.

Thanks, and again ,sorry if this has been done before.

-Chris

I really like Mark Minasi's "Mastering Windows 200x" series by Sybex Press. The new one is good, albeit large, but he covers it all step-by-step. It also comes with the entire book on CD, which is nice for a laptop, etc.

-Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back