Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Practice? - Style Sheets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

colobean

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
Hi there,

I was just wondering if it's bad practice to have various leading amounts throughout my document.

I have created a 3 panel two fold brochure. I have the bodytext at 12.2 leading and 0.167" space before, 0 space after. I have my first headline at 15 pt leading and 0.167" space before. 0 space after. I have my smaller headline 13 leading, 0.12" space before and 0 after. It looks good to me, but Im wondering if theres another way to do it to keep it more consistent. I had to do it this way to fit in the text nicely etc.

Also, is there a way to put a minus number in the space after section under format to make it even on my smaller headline?

Sometimes when I have too many headings, bodytext, bullets, etc and they all have different spaces before or after it gets confusing. Any advice?! Any tricks? or Standards?

Thank you!!!
colobean

The way I read it, It sounds like you are using the Space Before and Space After to Set your Leading, is that right? or am I way off?

It's usually 3pts greater than the text point size e.g 10pt type with Leading of 13pt

But that's just a starting point. There are no real rules, as Foamcow said, what ever works.

Marcus

Hi colobean:
I don't think you can do a minus space after in paragraph formats.
However if you want the heading above a paragraph to drop down 1 point or whatever closer to the paragraph you can highlight the line and do a baseline shift of 1 point by going to Style and then Baseline Shift and choose 1pt, or you can hold down the command, option, shift keys and hit the - key to drop down 1pt or the + key to shift up by 1pt. Also under Style, Baseline Shift you can use 0.5 to move one half point in either direction.
Hope this helps.
IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back