Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good PHP books or tutorials 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eloff

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
CA
Does anybody know some really excellent PHP book or tutorials out there? I'm new to PHP, but I'm finding it simpler and more powerful than Perl in some aspects. Any recomended tutorials or books are welcome. Age: 17
School: Alberta Distance Learning Center
If at first you can't succeed, try, try again. - programmer's motto.

Well ... for me there isn't nothing better than the PHP manual in There you can find everything yo need to program, all the functions, everything. Anikin
Hugo Alexandre Dias
Web-Programmer
anikin@ip.pt

Websites:

(the Zend engine is the core of PHP)

Books:

Professional PHP Programming (Web Application Development with PHP (
Yes, you can get by without books, but your learning will tend to get one-dimensional unless you stop, get away from the computer and just read and think. Sometimes you get a fresh look at things that way.

A good beginners book is PHP Essentials by Julie Meloni. The other one I use is the PHP Programming from Wrox mentioned above.

Bastien

There are many ways to skin this cat,
but it still tastes like chicken

I like PHP Developpers cookbook and PHP4 Developpers Guide. At Amazon they have good deals with Mysql and PHP combo's. mcvdmvs
-- "It never hurts to help" -- Eek the Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back