Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

good information on graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcevoy

Programmer
Feb 4, 2001
CA
Hi all

I am looking for some good detailed information on graphs in business objects. Not only a how to but also, abilities, things to watch for, limitations, etc.

If anyone can direct me to a website, book, or anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all Eileen McEvoy
Crystal Reports Consultant and Trainer
emcevoy@crystalconsulting.ca

Hello Eileen,

I will be probably be reprimanded in another reply to your thread , but in my experience Graphs in BO were somewhat neglected when specs were drawn. There is not a lot more you can do than described in the BO user guide on the subject. What is particurily annoying is the fact that it is difficult to acquire a fixed X-axis. If you set out some measure against , for instance, months and the range lacks some months these drop off the axis. The only remedy is to define a calenderfile in the universe and outer-join this with the data you want to display. 3-D column graphs are available, but then you lose the ability to plot the values in the graph itself...... T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back