Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good books for newbie to Definity G1/G3 series. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dperry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
CA
Does anyone know a good book that I can use to easily learn the system? Our company has 'decided' the phone system falls under IT issues and I have little knowledge of the system but need to setup a call centre structure. Consisting of eight or so telemarketers and one manager who will be monitoring some calls and request reports from the system. Also include setting up an attendant to an 800 number so that it can goto either telemarketers or technical support. This is an addon to our excisting system and I was told that it was setup before, just not anymore. Any help whould be greatly appreciated. I have almost nill phone system expirence. I don't have any manuals the ones I do have just decribe features, which is useless to me at this point. The system is I beleive a G1 or G3.

The Avaya document web site is The best manual to start with is the Definity R9 System Description (555-233-200). After that check out the Definity Administrators Guide (555-233-506). In this book start with section 20 (Feature and Technical Reference). Section 20 gives an overview of many of the Definity's features and how they operate. If you are interested in ACD then check out Definity Guide to Call Centers (555-233-503) and the Definity Call Vectoring and Expert Agent Selection Guide (555-230-521).

Avaya has a set of three books that are GREAT for the beginner. They are the Definity System's Little Instruction Book. There is one on Basic Administration, Advanced administration and one on basic diagnostics.
The Comm Code to order the set is 555-233-902.Or you can download them at you will need to enter your IL #.

Does anyone know if these publications are still available, the link doesn't work anymore and I am interested in these three publications. Thanks for any help.

Sorry. Forgot to tell you to go to the Definity section, then "Little instruction books"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back