Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Asterisk fax solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oskare100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2005
SE
Hello,
I'm looking for a fax to email solution for asterisk, I've searched but I didn't find any with feedback that said that the solution was actually working but I've read at forums about my VoIP provider (digisip) that faxing with the works quite good.

I'm also looking for a email to fax solution, but as I understood it that it more complicated so I'll probably wait with that since receiving fax is the most important part.

Any links, advice would be appreciated!

/Oskar

maybe it is just me, but I like hardware solutions like multi tech's faxfinder, it is easy to setup and does everything you want, I am sure there are solutions for asterisk, and I love asterisk and opensource, but I guess I just dont want to be doing everything through one server, or system.. Let me know if that sounds dumb. :)

If all else fails, MultiTech makes a fax server.

If your willing to do some reading & experimenting - I cannot recommend Hylafax enough.

Been using it for 4 years on a Pentium 2 box (64MB RAM), with a Rocket Modem ISA board (8 modems on one board - yes - ISA!).

Total cost - $100 for the Rocket Modem board on E-Bay.

It receives incoming faxes on upto 8 lines - converts them to PDF's & then e-mails to them public folders on my Exchange server for each department.

Outgoing from the desktop? Either use WHFC or setup the e-mail to fax gateway (I haven't done this).

We receive 600 pages a month & send about 300 pages.

It's rock solid reliable - I have absolutly no problems with it.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back